I. CALL TO ORDER: The Regular Meeting of the Weaverville Fire Protection District was called to order by Chairman, Mike Williams at 10:00. Members present: Arden Potter, Larry Helsley and Bill Britton. Members absent: George Owen. Others present: Chief Scott Alvord, Jim Underwood, and Clerk Lisa Guglielmina.
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approve Regular Meeting Minutes of December 2, 2014 –
B. Approve Warrant List and Journal Entries –
C. Approve Budget Adjustment-
MSC Potter/Britton to approve the consent agenda as presented.
III. ACTION ITEMS: None
IV. DEPARTMENT AND BUSINESS REPORTS
A. Hazardous Reduction Progress Report: The program is at a halt due to heavy rains and the holidays. Will begin again next week.
B. Fire Chief/Marshall Report:
· State of Jefferson impact on Fire Departments
· OES Type III engine instead of Water Tender still working on it
· New duty rig is in – Todd C working on lights/radios
· Awards dinner on January 30th
· B2103 out of service
· Calls for 2014 = 483
· SCBA testing
· D.C. School Fire Safe House presentation
C. Fire Department Report: None.
D. Sleeper Program Reports: None.
E. Committee Reports:
· Recruitment Committee: Met to discuss interviews and protocols, went over laws provided by Jim Underwood. Will meet again on February 2, at 11:00 a.m. to select questions.
· Collection Committee: No report
· Contract Committee: No report.
· Tuition Committee: No report.
· Budget Committee: Met to discuss mid-year review – budget on track.
F. Director Reports: Britton- received 3 resumes so far. Discussion on interviews. Potter – thanked everyone for all of their help while he was Chairman last year. Williams – discussion on dorms.
V. PUBLIC COMMENTS: None
VI. CORRESPONDENCE: SDRMA will not bill for worker comp in quarterly invoices next year – it will be due in one lump payment from now on for all members of SDRMA.
VII. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 10:50 hrs.
Mike Williams, Chairman Lisa Guglielmina, Clerk of the Board