I. CALL TO ORDER: The Regular Meeting of the Weaverville Fire Protection District was called to order by Chairman, George Owen at 16:00. Members present: George Owen, Mike Williams, Dee Potter, Larry Helsley and Bill Britton. Members absent: None. Others present: Chief Scott Alvord, and Clerk Lisa Guglielmina.
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approve Regular Meeting Minutes of September 3, 2013 –
B. Approve Special Meeting Minutes of September 26, 2013-
C. Approve Warrant List and Journal Entries –
MSC: Helsley/Williams approve consent agenda as presented.
III. ACTION ITEMS: None
IV. DEPARTMENT AND BUSINESS REPORTS
A. Hazardous Reduction Progress Report: Chief Alvord stated that the program is at a stopping point for the summer and will pick back up again in the fall.
B. Fire Chief/Marshall Report:
· ISO meeting went well. Discussion on the 5 mile radius being actual road miles and the possibility of E-2131 plus a sleeper at Station 2 making a difference in the ISO rating. Discussion on the flow tests performed, call response and automatic aid and the impact they have on the rating. Could take up to six months to receive report.
· There will be a walk through on Thursday for the electric conversion.
· The propane tank will be switched out on Friday.
· Air compressor is out of service. Took it in to be checked, results will determine what to do.
· WT-32 had the air compressor break at Red Incident – OES fixed it on the spot. The windshield will be fixed soon.
· There is a resident dividing his property and some conflict on the type of road needed – General planner stating that the Fire Department had insisted on paved roads a long time ago, yet the Fire Department adopted the Fire Code stating that a minimum of road base is required.
· Plan of action on the medical insurance for the Chief and Clerk will be prepared for the next meeting.
C. Sleeper Program Reports: Station 2 has had sealant installed to stop the bat problem. Station one had the road on the side of the station repaired.
D. Committee Reports:
· Recruitment Committee: Short discussion on volunteer requests for the Explorer Program.
· Collection Committee: Receiving payments on a regular basis
· Contract Committee: Property contract finished and went very well.
· Tuition Committee: No Report
· Budget Committee: No Report.
E. Director Reports: Would like to thank the Contract Committee and David Hammer for an excellent job on the property contract.
V. PUBLIC COMMENTS: None
VI. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
VII. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 16:31 hours.
George Owen, Chairman Lisa Guglielmina, District Clerk