I. CALL TO ORDER: The Regular Meeting of the Weaverville Fire Protection District was called to order by Chairman, Mike Williams at 1001 hrs. Members present: Larry Helsley, Bill Britton, Arden Potter, and George Owen. Members absent: None. Others present: Chief Scott Alvord, Jim Underwood, and Clerk Lisa Guglielmina.
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approve Regular Meeting Minutes of September 1, 2015 –
B. Approve Warrant List and Journal Entries –
MSC Britton/Helsley to approve the consent agenda as presented.
III. OATH OF OFFICE: Michael Williams, George Owen, and Arden Potter appointed in lieu of election due to insufficient nominees. – All three members sworn in by Lisa Guglielmina, Clerk of the Board.
IV. ACTION ITEMS:
A. Discuss/Approve Policy #3006.1-Billing for services outside of District Boundaries- Short discussion on Ordinance.
This Item tabled until next regularly scheduled meeting.
B. Discuss/Approve Policy #3006.2-Billing for services within District Boundaries- Discussion on non-emergency frequent calls.
MSC Owen/Helsley to approve Policy #3006.2 billing for services within District Boundaries.
C. Discuss/Approve Policy #3002.6-Apparatus Fees for incident response-Short discussion on the various rates.
This item tabled until next regularly scheduled meeting.
V. DEPARTMENT AND BUSINESS REPORTS
A. Hazardous Reduction Progress Report: Program at a halt during fire season.
B. Fire Chief/Marshall Report:
· July 2015 calls totaled 55 while July 2014 were 35-calls are up
· Brown’s Fire
· Fire behind Mill – Arson
· 2 hot spots on Democrat fire even after 1.5 inches of rain
· Vehicle fire in Brown’s Ranch area
· Chief’s meeting – Prop W (TOT)
· New ladder truck was picked up on Saturday
· Training personnel on new ladder truck
· New facilitator for schools
· Follow-up inspection on Lumber Mill
· Curran and Gaulke going to low angle rope rescue class
C. Fire Department Report: Bingo has been put on hold
D. Sleeper Program Reports: Ernie moving out. Discussion on a sleeper
E. Committee Reports:
· Recruitment Committee: Possible interested party in Chief’s position
· Collection Committee: No report
· Contract Committee: No report
· Tuition Committee: No report.
· Budget Committee: No report.
F. Director Reports: Britton – need to start the process of hiring for Chief’s position. Owen – thanked Chief Alvord for the work involved in acquiring the new ladder truck.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENTS: Underwood- SB 239-fire services
VII. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
VIII. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 1101 hrs.
Mike Williams, Chairman Lisa Guglielmina, Clerk of the Board