I. CALL TO ORDER: The Regular Meeting of the Weaverville Fire Protection District was called to order by Chairman, Arden Potter at 09:00. Members present: George Owen, Mike Williams, and Bill Britton. Members absent: Larry Helsley. Others present: Chief Scott Alvord, Jim Underwood and Clerk Lisa Guglielmina.
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approve Regular Meeting Minutes of October 7, 2014 –
B. Approve Warrant List and Journal Entries –
MSC Owen/Britton to approve the consent agenda as presented.
III. ACTION ITEMS:
A. Discuss/Approve plans to move a mobile home in the back of station one as sleeper dorms – Chief, Scott Alvord gave a presentation on the size, layout, work needed and costs involved. The Department will be paying for the project and the only costs to the District would be future utilities, and maintenance costs. Discussion on snow load, costs, benefit to the community, construction, and recruitment benefits.
MSC Britton/Williams to approve the concept of Weaverville Volunteer Fire Department to fund and place a mobile home in the back of station one as sleeper dorms, and the District to accept the future utilities and maintenance costs.
IV. DEPARTMENT AND BUSINESS REPORTS
A. Hazardous Reduction Progress Report: The crew has been working on the Title III Hazard Reduction. Chief and Clerk working on a Cal-Fire SRA grant for more hazard reduction money for critical areas within Weaverville, Dougals City, Junction City, and Lewiston.
B. Fire Chief/Marshall Report:
· Power point on engine status, and pump testing.
· Commended Herk Emmons on keeping up on the apparatus maintenance
· Will need to replace an engine in the near future
· OES Type III – OES did not get all of the engines that they expected
· The new duty rig is ordered
· Turnout replacement – need a replacement budgeted line item in future
· Fire Prevention Week – went well, many compliments
· Inspections on County buildings
· Inspections on the Lumber Mill
· Curiosity Shop exit regress issue – advancing to next stage; non-compliant
· Department approved $600.00 for kitchen supplies
· Will check into replacing the dishwasher
· Pressure relief valve replaced at Station 1
· Appreciation dinner from Rotary, Lions, Clampers, and Soroptimist went very well.
· TCLS – looking into a supplemental program to reimburse costs for Medi-Cal calls – Discussion on Medical ID #, liability, and LAFCO
C. Fire Department Report: None
D. Sleeper Program Reports: Ernie will be laid off in 2 weeks. Keith at Station 2.
E. Committee Reports:
· Recruitment Committee: No report
· Collection Committee: Last payment made – no invoices due at this time
· Contract Committee: No report.
· Tuition Committee: No report.
· Budget Committee: Will meet in January
F. Director Reports: Owen had questions on hydrants that needed to be repaired or moved.
V. PUBLIC COMMENTS: None
VI. CORRESPONDENCE: None
VII. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 10:15 hours.
Arden Potter, Chairman Lisa Guglielmina, Clerk of the Board