I. CALL TO ORDER: The Regular Meeting of the Weaverville Fire Protection District was called to order by Chairman, Mike Williams at 10:00 hrs. Members present: Arden Potter, Larry Helsley, George Owen and Bill Britton. Members absent: None Others present: Roberta MacIntyre, Chief Scott Alvord, Jim Underwood, and Clerk Lisa Guglielmina.
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approve Regular Meeting Minutes of January 6, 2015 –
B. Approve Warrant List and Journal Entries –
MSC Britton/Helsley to approve the consent agenda as presented.
III. ACTION ITEMS:
A. Discuss/Approve disposition of the 1999 (corrected; 2001) Ford Explorer – Discussion on current value. Chief Alvord suggested using it for the hazard reduction jobs.
MSC Britton/Helsley to approve using the 2001 Ford Explorer for the hazard reduction jobs.
B. Review/Approve closing statements for the Annual Audit of 2013/2014 – Short discussion on interpretation of the audit. It was suggested to invite the auditor Jeanne Hodge CPA to the next meeting to discuss the audit.
This item was tabled until the March 3, 2015 regular meeting.
IV. DEPARTMENT AND BUSINESS REPORTS
A. Hazardous Reduction Progress Report: They are working behind Tops Supermarket area. Discussion on where a catastrophic fire is likely to start in areas near Weaverville. We were invited to submit the second phase of the Cal-Fire grant for hazard reduction. Discussion on the future funding of Title III.
B. Fire Chief/Marshall Report:
· Met with Shasta College regarding JPA training – Trinity County is underserved. Is working on a Weaverville campus for FF training.
· Driver Operator classes – State Fire Marshal Class
· Live Fire training at Shasta College is April 25 & 26
· Fire behavior class
· Finished pump operations class
· Equipment working well
· 2112 pump shift cable broken – in the process of replacing
· Posi-check is completed
· Dormitory project – will make a presentation at the Department meeting
· Structure fire on Martin Road
· 40 calls in January
· Station in good condition
· Call response increased
C. Fire Department Report: Valentine Rose sale coming up. Donations from the letter are coming in.
D. Sleeper Program Reports: Ernie is gone for 6 weeks for a Paramedic Prep class in Escondido.
E. Committee Reports:
· Recruitment Committee: Met yesterday; we have received 8 applicant resumes; applications sent to them and due by February 20th.
· Collection Committee: No report
· Contract Committee: Wes met with an attorney regarding the hydrants – need to create a purchase agreement and to include future maintenance and ownership.
· Tuition Committee: No report.
· Budget Committee: Annual Audit.
F. Director Reports: Britton- Thank you recruitment committee. Helsley – Complimented on the awards dinner. Williams – Thanked Shellie, Lori and Lisa for cleaning La Grange the day after the dinner.
V. PUBLIC COMMENTS: Roberta MacIntyre introduced herself and stated she was in town to understand the Fire District better. She has applied for the Fire Chief/Marshal position and would be asking questions after the meeting if the Board didn’t mind.
VI. CORRESPONDENCE: California Fire Assistance agreement upgrade is approved – will need a new Resolution in March to reflect rates.
VII. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 11:00 hrs.
Mike Williams, Chairman Lisa Guglielmina, Clerk of the Board