I. CALL TO ORDER: The Regular Meeting of the Weaverville Fire Protection District was called to order by Chairman, Mike Williams at 10:00 hrs. Members present: Arden Potter, Larry Helsley, George Owen and Bill Britton. Members absent: None Others present: Chief Scott Alvord, Jim Underwood, and Clerk Lisa Guglielmina.
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approve Regular Meeting Minutes of March 3, 2015 –
B. Approve Warrant List and Journal Entries –
MSC Potter/Helsley to approve the consent agenda as presented.
III. ACTION ITEMS:
A. Discuss/Approve Policy #3003.1 Firefighter Pay for CFFA Incidents- Discussion on base rate vs special rates and worker’s comp rates to charge. Will present a policy for the regular pay of the firefighters regarding grants, work programs, and prescribed burns at the next meeting.
MSC Britton/Potter to approve Policy #3003.1 Firefighter Pay for CFFA Incidents.
B. Discuss/Approve Quick Books Pro as the Fire District’s new method of bookkeeping, and to approve the budget committee for discussion on the purchase of the program in the next fiscal year’s budget – Lisa mentioned that the method of bookkeeping had not changed since 2001 and felt Quick Books Pro would be a positive change for the District in bringing it to a more modern level of bookkeeping. Discussion on the cost.
MSC Britton/Potter to approve Quick Book Pro as the Fire District’s new method of bookkeeping, and to approve the budget committee for discussion on the purchase of the program in the next fiscal year’s budget.
IV. DEPARTMENT AND BUSINESS REPORTS
A. Hazardous Reduction Progress Report: Project behind Tops Market is complete; working on the list.
B. Fire Chief/Marshall Report:
· CSD agreement approved
· All Hotel inspections are completed
· Plan checks
· O’Reilly Auto Parts inspection
· Browns Ranch Road fire
· Dorms-will start forming for footings
· Portable building will be delivered next Wed.
· Advanced Fire Behavior Class
· Watershed Prescribed burning in Big Creek
· Hayfork Fire Chief is on leave
· Douglas City Fire Chief Steve and Tina are moving out of the County
· CFAA meeting in Redding
· Ironside Mountain meeting
· 2112 – new air governor
· WT 32 had its spring inspection
· 2111 – possible solution for the starting issue
C. Fire Department Report: None.
D. Sleeper Program Reports: Ernie is back at work for Cal-Fire.
E. Committee Reports:
· Recruitment Committee: Bill and Scott to meet regarding Chief’s position to try and streamline it. Advertise again in 3 months.
· Collection Committee: No report
· Contract Committee: Mike and Scott to meet regarding the extension of his employment contract.
· Tuition Committee: No report.
· Budget Committee: Friday May 1st at 11:00 a.m. there will be a budget committee meeting.
F. Director Reports: None.
V. PUBLIC COMMENTS: None.
VI. CORRESPONDENCE: Fire Science Field Tour.
VII. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 11:03 hrs.
Mike Williams, Chairman Lisa Guglielmina, Clerk of the Board