I. CALL TO ORDER: The Regular Meeting of the Weaverville Fire Protection District was called to order by Vice-Chairman, George Owen at 1002 hrs. Members present: Arden Potter, and Larry Helsley. Members absent: Bill Britton, and Mike Williams. Others present: Chief Frank DeNatale, Jim Underwood, Bob Winkler, and Clerk Lisa Guglielmina.
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approve Regular Meeting Minutes of March 1, 2016 –
B. Approve Warrant List and Journal Entries –
MSC Helsley/Potter to approve the consent agenda as presented.
III. ACTION ITEMS:
A. Discuss/Approve, increase in the gym membership budget – Fiscal Impact $875.00 – Since August of 2015, the gym membership has increased, and in February 2016, WFD has implemented a physical training program before the member training Wednesday nights. Good participation and good for the health and fitness for the firefighters.
MSC Potter/Helsley to approve an increase in the gym membership budget up to $875.00
B. Discuss/Approve employee compensating sick leave payment- Discussion on Federal and State laws for Vacation Leave and Sick Leave. Need a policy in place. Contract committee to meet and come up with a PTO policy, then revisit next meeting.
This Item was tabled until the next regular meeting, and further review from contract committee policy.
IV. DEPARTMENT AND BUSINESS REPORTS
A. Hazardous Reduction Progress Report: Chief DeNatale reported on Title III, waiting for the County to sign the contract. USFS hiring a few volunteers to do burning as part of the 2015/2016 agreement.
B. Fire Chief/Marshall Report:
· Wildland Preparedness drill on May 21
· RT-130 refresher classes Wednesday nights
· Lumber Mill walk-through with Scott Alvord
· Map books of TC communities for engines
· Spoke with Captains on training needs
· Fire inspection courses going well
· Public Safety Institute putting on a Leadership Class – will bring details to next meeting
· Live Fire Training went well – RFD impressed by our volunteers
· ICS 300
· Museum walk-through
· PT program going well
C. Fire Department Report: No Report
D. Sleeper Program Reports: Jon is doing well. Todd Abercrombie getting ready to move into Station 2
E. Committee Reports:
· Recruitment Committee: No report.
· Collection Committee: No report
· Contract Committee: No report
· Tuition Committee: No report
· Budget Committee: Preliminary Budget meeting set up for May 25, 10:00 a.m.
· Financial Committee: (Williams, Potter, Guglielmina) Dee talked with an investor from Morgan Stanley, and would like to invite him to talk with the Board. Clerk to set up with investor.
F. Director Reports: Helsley – Depending on when the museum sign is completed, the WFPD will do a ceremony for Dick Berrien. Britton (via e-mails to the Clerk) – Bill’s conversation with Kim Zagaris re: OES WT-32 – consensus to have OES pick up WT-32 if the use will be limited to only OES incidents. On May 17, 2016 at 0900 hrs. TCBOS will be presenting Scott Alvord with a Resolution, all are invited to attend.
V. PUBLIC COMMENTS: Bob Winkler – presented the WFD Fire Museum with a 1926 Fire Apparatus Operations book, used by his father. Will be useful for the LaFrance engine.
VI. CORRESPONDENCE: Clerk –None.
VII. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 1101 hrs.
George Owen, Vice-Chairman Lisa Guglielmina, Clerk of the Board