I. CALL TO ORDER: The Regular Meeting of the Weaverville Fire Protection District was called to order by Vice-Chairman, Bill Britton at 1000 hrs. Members present: Arden Potter, Larry Helsley, and George Owen. Members absent: Mike Williams. Others present: Chief Scott Alvord, Jim Underwood and Clerk Lisa Guglielmina.
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approve Regular Meeting Minutes of May 5, 2015 –
B. Approve Warrant List and Journal Entries –
C. Approve Budget Transfers for fiscal year of 2014/2015
MSC Helsley/Owen to approve the consent agenda as presented.
III. ACTION ITEMS:
A. Discuss/Approve Resolution No. 15-2 Ordering Board of Directors Election: Consolidation of elections; and Specifications of Election Order– Short discussion on election procedures.
MSC Helsley/Potter to approve Resolution No. 15-2 Ordering Board of Directors Election: Consolidation of elections; and Specifications of Election Order
B. Discussion/Approve Variance for fire sprinkler system – Chief Alvord spoke regarding testing, flow, ignition sources, domestic use, and options. Discussion on changing the pressure reducer valve at the main.
This item was tabled until July 7 meeting to test the change in pressure.
IV. DEPARTMENT AND BUSINESS REPORTS
A. Hazardous Reduction Progress Report: Program still going. Some change over in staffing. Mostly weed eating right now.
B. Fire Chief/Marshall Report:
· Issues with fire codes downtown
· Assisted with D.C. Fire in an inspection for D.C. School new building
· Region 3 OES meeting
· Herk fixed the air trailer lights
· Locker clean-up/inventory finished
· Dorms-need to finish pouring concrete
· Working on policy for dorms
· Training – Rediness drill
· S-130 and S-190 classes
· Radio use class put on by Todd Corbett
· Structure fire on Hawthorne
· July 4th weekend planning
· June 25th Community Wildfire Planning Meeting
· June 27th Station One clean-up day
· July 4th Open House after the parade
C. Fire Department Report: Department budget and dorms. Glenn Hicks will be a member for the summer.
D. Sleeper Program Reports: Ernie back to work at Cal-Fire. Keith has the garden going at Station Two, and has completed one round of weed eating.
E. Committee Reports:
· Recruitment Committee: Going well. Discussion on the longevity of the volunteers.
· Collection Committee: No report.
· Contract Committee: No report.
· Tuition Committee: No report.
· Budget Committee: Budget transfers for 15/16 completed.
F. Director Reports: Owen discussion on the Chief’s meeting.
V. PUBLIC COMMENTS: None.
VI. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
VII. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 1044 hrs.
Bill Britton, Vice-Chairman Lisa Guglielmina, Clerk of the Board