I. CALL TO ORDER: The Regular Meeting of the Weaverville Fire Protection District was called to order by Chairman, George Owen at 16:01. Members present: George Owen, Dee Potter, Mike Williams, Bill Britton and Larry Helsley. Members absent: None. Others present: Chief Scott Alvord, Clerk Lisa Guglielmina.
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approve Regular Meeting Minutes of June 4, 2013 –
B. Approve Warrant List and Journal Entries –
MSC: Britton/Williams approve consent agenda as presented.
III. ACTION ITEMS:
A. Discuss/Approve – Resolution calling for consolidated election, there was short discussion on the election process.
MSC: Britton/Potter to approve resolution #7-13 calling for consolidated election; roll call vote: Ayes-5, Noes-0, absent-0, abstain-0
B. Discuss/Approve – Preliminary Budget for 2013/2014, there was short discussion regarding the budget committee meetings and the line items.
MSC: Helsley/Potter to approve the preliminary budget for 2013/2014.
C. Discuss/Approve – Expenditures from Surplus Garage Sale Items, Chief Alvord stated that $180.00 was made off of the garage sale, with possible more to be made on 2 pending sales. He stated a TK-790 radio is needed and will wait for the possible sale of the snow blower. He also stated that a light bar is needed for 2103 that costs approximately $900.00. The light bar is urgent and the garage sale did not make enough to cover the full cost. Alvord requested approval to purchase a light bar for 2103 with the garage sale money and the balance to be covered by the general budget. MSC: Williams/Britton to add to the agenda as subsequent item, the purchase of a light bar for 2103 on a finding that the action cannot wait until the next meeting and the need to take action came to the attention of the Commission after the posting of the agenda. Roll call vote: Ayes-5, Noes-0, Absent-0, Abstain-0.
D. Discuss/Approve the purchase of a light bar for 2103 with garage sale money and balance covered by general budget. MSC: Potter/Britton approve to purchase a light bar for 2103 with garage sale money and balance covered by general budget.
IV. DEPARTMENT AND BUSINESS REPORTS
A. Hazardous Reduction Progress Report: Chief Alvord explained the process in hazard reduction and described the binder the information is kept in. There was short discussion on removing weeds around the fire hydrants.
B. Fire Chief/Marshall Report:
· North Ops meeting-going to be a very dangerous fire season; reflected on the deaths of 19 firefighters in Arizona.
· RCD Suburban donation-went to good training of vehicle extrication. Provided operational and real life situation for training of members.
· Completed Title 21 class
· There were 3 plan checks
· Test for sprinkler system
· Dealing with 2 hazardous abatement problems
· Performed 2 fire extinguisher classes
· Performed 3 engine pump tests-2113 overheated; working on the issue
· There are 2 students on the workability program
· Had a walk through on Station 1 regarding heating and air
· Ropes and saw zaw purchased by Department
· Independence Day events are coming up-preparing for that
· Critical Stress Debriefing: he attended the last session of ‘Train the Trainer’. Will recruit some members to be trainers.
C. Sleeper Program Reports: Chief states that the maintenance is going well at both stations; both sleepers working.
D. Committee Reports:
· Recruitment Committee: No report
· Collection Committee: Receiving payments on a regular basis
· Contract Committee: Meeting next week with the appraiser for the East Connector Project re: Oil School Property.
· Tuition Committee: No report
· Budget Committee: Preliminary Budget finished, no report.
E. Director Reports: No report.
V. PUBLIC COMMENTS: None
VI. CORRESPONDENCE: Pat Frost had provided the District with a draft of the Trinity County General Safety Plan.
VII. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 16:55 hours.
George Owen, Chairman Lisa Guglielmina, District Clerk