I. CALL TO ORDER: The Regular Meeting of the Weaverville Fire Protection District was called to order by Chairman, Arden Potter at 16:01. Members present: Mike Williams, Bill Britton and George Owen. Members absent: Larry Helsley. Others present: Chief Scott Alvord, Clerk Lisa Guglielmina, and Jim Underwood.
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approve Regular Meeting Minutes of June 3, 2014 –
B. Approve Warrant List and Journal Entries –
MSC Owen/Britton to approve the consent agenda as presented.
III. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of the Weaverville Fire Protection District Final Budget for 2014/2015.
Opened Public Hearing – 16:04 – No public comments
Closed Public Hearing – 16:07
Short discussion on the budget in general.
MSC: Owen/Britton to approve the final budget for the 2014/2015 fiscal year as presented.
IV. ACTION ITEMS:
V. DEPARTMENT AND BUSINESS REPORTS
A. Hazardous Reduction Progress Report: We were officially approved for the 2014/2015 Title III Hazard Reduction Grant. We will start the work in late July. Developing a MOU with RCD and Watershed; going for grants to help.
B. Fire Chief/Marshall Report:
· 2101 is fixed
· Meetings regarding the campers at East Weaver Creek; burn restrictions
· Community meeting regarding campers
· Deposition for Mill cancelled
· First Responder class; all 6 students passed
· Summer Maintenance Program going great
· Meetings with Mel Deardorff on duty rigs with a small pump and tank
C. Fire Department Report: Going to be a busy weekend with the Independence celebrations; many sign-ups.
D. Sleeper Program Reports: Keith is settling back into Station 2; discussions on up-keep
E. Committee Reports:
· Recruitment Committee: No Report
· Collection Committee: Missed one payment.
· Contract Committee: No report.
· Tuition Committee: No report.
· Budget Committee: Adopted the Final Budget.
F. Director Reports: Britton – No Report
VI. PUBLIC COMMENTS: Jim Underwood mentioned the Rotary Golf Ball Drop, and helicopter with the largest American flag in tow this weekend.
VII. CORRESPONDENCE: Chief Alvord – USDA looking for members on RAC.
VIII. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 16:25 hours.
Arden Potter, Chairman Lisa Guglielmina, Clerk of the Board