our historic handpumper a modern fire engine
Weaverville Fire
District and Department

Since 1898

Debris Burning, Burn Permits

"Beginning Saturday, December 16, all residential burning will be temporarily suspended until further notice ... The ban includes all residential outdoor burning of landscape debris such as branches and leaves. The suspension ... will continue until the extreme fire danger subsides..." more...

During permissible burn periods, burn permits are issued by:

North Coast Unified Air Quality Management District (NCUAQMD)
2300 Myrtle Ave, Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 443-3093, FAX (707) 443-3099

Permit applications can be obtained (not issued) through participating local fire protection agencies and CalFire stations.

Burn permit requirements are similar to the following (see your permit for details):

Burn permits are not required for small recreational or ceremonial campfires on your own property. However, "Campfire Permits are required for open fires, such as campfire, barbecues and portable stoves on federally controlled lands and private lands that are the property of another person." Campfire permits can be obtained online, or at the Weaverville USFS headquarters.